About the “IP Punch List” Webinar Series
In response to the increasing needs for in-house IP counsel support on a temporary or fractional share basis, the Schwegman firm has created the Virtual In-House IP Counsel Program. To introduce this program, we have developed a complimentary bi-weekly webinar series aimed to provide valuable insight on how an In-house counsel can align your business and IP strategies. In this educational webinar series, we will dive into the top technology landscapes, the different IP pitfalls that each may face, and provide you with an “IP Punch List” as a best practices guide.
- Patent filing strategy
- Managing patent prosecution matters
- Strategic IP deals such as major cross-licenses
- Department or IP process development
- Selection of a permanent in-house IP counsel and staff
- Freedom to Operate
- Preparing for a company sale or funding round
- Managing ongoing IP litigation matters
- Trade Secret Protection
- Trademark and branding strategy
Each of the IP Punch List webinars will provide a 30 minute panel discussion followed by a collaborative Q&A session.
Register for Upcoming Webinars
- Establishing ownership and control of IP
- Critical IP “to do” list for start ups and operating entities
- How technology and competitive position drive an IP strategy
- Budgeting for an IP program
- Most common mistakes to avoid
- International patenting
- Invention disclosure and Inventor reward programs
- How service company IP rights issues differ from product company IP rights issues
- Typical IP considerations for a service company
- Trademark and domain name considerations
- Typical IP terms in service agreements
- Data and privacy rights
An IP strategy is the single most important factor in maximizing IP protection while minimizing IP costs. This webinar will show you what you need to focus on to protect your important innovations.
Patent litigation is a fact of life for most high-tech companies. This webinar will focus on the internal processes that can help minimize litigation risk.
All companies have contract with third parties. From confidentiality agreements to development agreements to license agreements. This webinar will focus on issues that you need to consider to protect your company.
Trade Secrets, if managed properly, can last forever. This webinar will focus on recent changes to trade secret law in the US and what you can do to protect your important information.
Getting Trademarks Right and Building Powerful Brand Equity from the Start
Avoiding the Pitfalls of Open Source Software, while Reaping the Benefits
The Essentials: Setting up a Patent Program for a Med Tech Company
Running an Effective Invention Disclosure & Patenting Program
Preparing for and Managing IP Litigation