Episode 02: How to Make and Use Portfolio Curation, Competitive Patent Landscape and SWOT Analysis Reports
Portfolio curation and custom patent landscapes (as well as SWOT analysis) can—and should—be tailored to client needs. In this presentation, industry veterans share their knowledge about how these analytics are created and put to use. Portfolio curation organizes and classifies patents in a portfolio by product/technology, importance and value relative to a company’s business, strategy and goals. A custom patent landscape and SWOT Analysis is tailored to the product space and competitive landscape of the client.
This presentation will discuss how to:
- Identify valuable patents for cultivation, assertion, licensing or strategic positioning.
- Gain an ROI metric useful for adjusting investment in the portfolio
- Identify misaligned assets to be disposed of or dropped from renewals rolls
- Find valuable patents held by competitors or others in a given technology space for tactical awareness or acquisition
- Identify strengths and weaknesses of a company’s patent position in order to optimize patent and product strategy
- Identify possible acquisition or partnering opportunities and/or potential licensing requirements.