Patent Watching and Surveillance
Periodic Updates on Patent Activity related to a Client or Competitor Portfolio – Generates Actionable Information
What is it?
Watching and Surveillance provide ongoing monitoring of “news” concerning a patent or portfolio of patents such as new citations of a particular patent or portfolio by other patents, new applications filed by competitors that bear a close relationship to your own portfolio, new developments in the prosecution of key competitor patent applications, and patents filed by ex-employees that may indicate misappropriation.
- Improve strategic and tactical awareness
- Obtain early indications of competitor IP or potential competitive activity
- Monitor ex-employees for compliance with non-disclosure invention assignment agreements
- Identify possible infringing technologies
Process and Cost
- Client specifies companies to watch and select individual patents
- Reports are generated and delivered to the client with attorney observations as desired.