Technology-Based Patent Landscapes
Assess Competitive Position, Benchmark Competition, and Help Develop IP-Rich Products and Valuable Patent Position
What is it?
Patent Landscapes are similar to portfolio analytics but instead relate to patent filings in a technology area. A landscape illustrates patents in a technology area broken down by ownership, time of filing and grant, countries covered, and value/importance, illustrating relative strength of competitor holdings in the area, as well as trends in the technology.
- Gain competitive insights into the relative size, strength and value of patent portfolios for a given technology of interest
- Use insights to adjust or devise patent and/or product strategies
- Get early indications of competitor product strategies or strategic initiatives
- Identify possible acquisition targets
Process and Cost
- Client specifies technology to landscape
- Reports are generated and delivered to the client with attorney observations as desired