Mechanical & Electromechanical
From start-up ventures with new ideas to established market players, we can partner with you to develop a winning intellectual property (IP) strategy including:
- Building an IP strategy that complements your business strategy
- Avoiding potential infringement of existing patents
- Handling strategic reexaminations of your own and third party patents
- Building a worldwide patent portfolio that adds competitive advantage to your company
- Identifying opportunities to enforce your patents and developing winning litigation strategies
- Negotiating complex licensing and transactional agreements that enhance the value of a deal
The mechanical IP attorneys at Schwegman understand the complexities of mechanical and electromechanical systems and can advise you at every stage of your growth. We’ve helped clients grow from small start ups to multi-billion dollar players, and with making acquisitions on the order of hundreds of millions. Working with you on opinions and freedom-to-operate issues to portfolio planning and management to licensing and due diligence to reexaminations, we have the technical and legal savvy to get the job done while working to achieve the best outcomes possible.
Strategic Approach to Intellectual Property
We won’t just secure your patent, we will work with you to build an intellectual property strategy that compliments your business strategy. We take the time to learn your industry, your business, and your market differentiators as well as those of your competitors, and we use this knowledge to help you not only secure your patent, but build a patent portfolio that adds competitive advantage to your business.
The mechanical IP lawyers who make up the mechanical practice have backgrounds in the industry as engineers and hold numerous advanced degrees in engineering. Our attorneys have worked on a variety of patents including:
- Acoustic systems
- Automotive technologies
- Building construction technology
- Doors and windows
- Control systems
- Printing technologies
- Process manufacturing
You can download a copy of our Mechanical info sheet here.