Recent examples of recognition for the firm or individual attorneys include:
- In IAM’s 2021 edition of IAM Patent 1000: The World’s Leading Patent Professionals (Law Business Research), the firm was listed nationally in the prosecution category. In addition, the firm received attention at the state level for Minnesota. For the state of Minnesota, the Schwegman firm was listed as “Highly recommended” for prosecution. Also for Minnesota, the firm was listed in the category of transactions. Looking to the West Coast, IAM selected Schwegman Lundberg & Woessner as “Recommended” in the prosecution category for California.
- In the 2021 IAM Patent 1000: The World’s Leading Patent Professionals, the following attorneys were chosen as recommended individuals in the prosecution category: Suneel Arora (Minnesota), Tim Bianchi (Minnesota), Bradley Forrest (Minnesota), Steve Lundberg (Minnesota), Garth Vivier (Texas), and Andre Marais (California). In addition, Tim Bianchi was ranked nationally for post-grant proceedings.
- In Managing Intellectual Property’s 2021 IP STARS rankings, the Schwegman firm was highly recommended for patent prosecution in Minnesota, recommended for patent prosecution in California, and recommended for patent prosecution in Texas. Managing IP is part of the Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC group.
- For individual recognition by IP STARS, the following current Schwegman attorneys were chosen as Patent Stars 2021: Suneel Arora (Minnesota), Timothy Bianchi (Minnesota), Brad Forrest (Minnesota), James Hallenbeck (Iowa), Steven Lundberg (Minnesota), Michael Lynch (Texas), Andre Marais (California), Michael Schwegman (Minnesota), Garth Vivier (California), and Warren Woessner (Minnesota).
- Schwegman principals Russ Slifer, Timothy Bianchi and Andre Marais were named to IAM’s 2019 IAM Strategy 300 list (Law Business Research). IAM Strategy 300: The World’s Leading IP Strategists acknowledges individuals who excel at creating action plans with the goal of maximizing IP portfolios’ worth.
- The National Law Review gave Schwegman a 2019 Go-To Thought Leader Award in the area of Intellectual Property. (The National Law Review is operated by the National Law Forum, LLC.) The firm was recognized for its writing covering intellectual property topics, such as IP developments in China. Several Schwegman attorneys maintain blogs and regularly publish articles which can be picked up by NLR.
- In 2019, 2020 and 2021, Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal (American City Business Journals) ranked Schwegman Lundberg & Woessner as the largest IP firm in the Twin Cities (ranked by number of IP attorneys in the Twin Cities metro area).
- In 2020, U.S. News & World Report (U.S. News & World Report L.P.) ranked Schwegman in Tier 1 nationally for patent law.
- Schwegman principals Steve Lundberg, Tim Bianchi and Andre Marais were selected for IAM Global Leaders 2020 and IAM Global Leaders 2021 by IAM (Law Business Research).
- Schwegman’s Director of China Intellectual Property Practice Aaron Wininger was named a National Law Review Go-To Thought Leader in the area of Intellectual Property Law by the National Law Review (2020) (National Law Forum, LLC).