Use Portfolio and Attorney Prosecution Analytics Across a Portfolio to Improve Overall Prosecution Efficiency and Identify Efficient and Economical Prosecution Strategies
What is it?
Prosecution/attorney analytics show statistical information concerning the number and timing of procedural steps taken by individual attorneys or attorney organizations in the prosecution of a set of cases such as all the cases owned by a particular party in a given technology space.
- Gain insight into the cost and effectiveness of different approaches to prosecution, and to identify best practices and eliminate waste.
- Compare prosecution analytics between different companies or law firms to gain
insights into best practices
- Identify areas for cost savings by elimination of unproductive strategies or specific high cost/low value prosecution efforts
- Better understand how procedural changes can influence prosecution successes
Process and Cost
- Client identifies patents and applications they desire to include in the analytics –most typically all the patents assigned to them or on their customer number at USPTO
- Analytics team generates report and is delivered to client with attorney observations as desired.