Product Coverage Analysis and Mapping
Overlay a Company’s Patent Portfolio on its Product Space to Determine Strength and Weaknesses in IP Coverage
What is it?
A product coverage analysis correlates a company’s patent portfolio with its product/technology space to determine strengths and vulnerabilities in a company’s IP coverage. SLW’s unique coverage maps allow engineers and scientists to readily determine how each patent and application in the company’s portfolio applies to specific products and product features.
- Identify strengths and vulnerabilities in patent coverage of a company’s product
- Determine areas most vulnerable to competitive threat
- Develop strategies to fill gaps in IP coverage
- Gain awareness of enforcement opportunities
Process and Cost
- Client identifies products of interest
- Company patents are reviewed and patents applicable to the products are
identified and mapped on products using ClaimScape®
- Interactive “panoramic” claim map is generated and delivered to client