Chinese Patent Office Closure Dates – 2022
China’s State Council has released the official holiday schedule for 2022. The China National Intellectual Property Administration (CNIPA) will be closed on official holidays but open on the weekend workdays indicated below. Patent deadlines are postponed to the next following non-weekend workday.
1. New Year’s Day: January 1st to 3rd, 2022 – CNIPA will be closed for a total of 3 days.
2. Spring Festival (Chinese New Year): January 31st to February 6th, the holiday is extended for a total of 7 days. To compensate, CNIPA will be open on January 29 (Saturday) and January 30 (Sunday).
3. Tomb Sweeping Festival (Qingming Festival): April 3rd to 5th – CNIPA will be closed for a total of 3 days. CNIPA will be open on April 2 (Saturday).
4. Labor Day: From April 30th to May 4th, CNIPA will be closed for a total of 5 days. CNIPA will be open on April 24 (Sunday) and May 7 (Saturday).
5. Dragon Boat Festival: June 3rd to 5th for a total of 3 days.
6. Mid-Autumn Festival: September 10th to 12th – CNIPA will be closed for a total of 3 days.
7. National Day: From October 1st to 7th – CNIPA will be closed for a total of 7 days. CNIPA will be open on October 8 (Saturday) and October 9 (Sunday).
Back to All Resources