Upcoming China Webinar
Join Erick Robinson, Jason DeFrancesco, and myself on October 6, 2020 for a webinar on why Chinese intellectual property is important. Erick will focus on litigation in China including why China is now a top venue for enforcing patent rights. I’ll will be discussing the patent and trademark procurement process in China and Jason will moderate.
Topics to be covered include:
- Building a Chinese intellectual property portfolio.
- Minimizing risk
- Freedom to operate and clearance searches
- Monitoring Competitor’s, Employees’ and Partners’ IP Filings
- Newly Amended TM Law and Draft Patent Law
- China is now a top venue to enforce patent rights: what happened?
- China is a top innovator – including software
- IP Courts
- Degradation of patent rights in the US
- China is the “Great Equalizer”
- See, e.g., Apple/Qualcomm settlement
- Why file a patent litigation in China?
- High win rates
- Foreign patentee do even better (but don’t sue a Chinese chipmaker)
- Huge China market for sales and manufacturing
- Virtually guaranteed injunctions
- Short time from filing to judgment
- Low cost
- Venue is fair
- Validity challenges are more reasonable than other nations
- Specialized patent courts (trial and appeal)
- Administrative options
- Continued development of common-sense rules
- SEP cases
Registration is available here.
Thank you to the US-China Intellectual Property Exchange and Development Foundation for hosting us.
Back to All Resources