Join SLW Institute for Complimentary Diversity & Inclusion Training on September 8
Ideal for those with a sense of humor who want to enjoy a good laugh while addressing a serious subject, come join Kristin Haugen for a fun and engaging hour geared towards eliminating bias in the legal profession. Bias manifests in many ways seen and unseen, influencing the decisions of GOOD people. It is easier to prevent, identify, and address overt bias. But what do you do when the bias is implicit? This class will:
- Educate you about express and implicit bias including current research findings;
- Provide you with tools to assess your own implicit biases with regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability and others;
- Identify ways in which bias may be impacting the way you interact with your clients, other attorneys and the public;
- Discuss techniques to be more aware of and to counteract bias; and
- Make it easier for you to recognize and counteract bias in your practice.
Kristin Haugen, founder of Rock Solid Consultants, is focused on developing leadership within individuals and promoting inclusive culture and mindsets within organizations. Kristin is Vice President, Legal, for Morneau Shepell, a global provider of technology-enabled human resources services. Kristin serves as Chairwoman of the Board for the National Association of Asian American Professionals – Minnesota and President-Elect for Minnesota Women Lawyers.
This course was approved for Elimination of Bias credit in Minnesota and California. We will apply for standard credit in Texas.Back to All News